BS Information Technology in Web Development
About the Program
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge to integrate and maintain technology solutions in business.
- Differentiate network technology and information systems security.
- Utilize project management skills to track information technology projects.
- Identify ethical and legal issues that impact information technology
- Utilize information technology tools and applications according to professional principles and standards.
- Integrate a biblical framework to applications in the information technology field.
WEB DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIZATION:
- Utilize current coding languages in web development projects.
- Develop skills in interface design, coding, and usage of database technology in developing web sites.
- Build web enabled and service applications on websites.
- Develop SQL and NoSQL based database applications.
Indiana Wesleyan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), www.hlcommission.org, 312-263-0456. Other accreditations and associations of Indiana Wesleyan University are available at www.temistao.com/about/iwu-profile/accreditation.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition & Fees*
|42 Total||$449 / credit hour|
*Effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
Payment Options: Your program representative will work closely with you to choose a payment option that best fits your needs. Your options may include Federal financial aid, company reimbursement tuition deferral, company direct-bill, self-pay, military benefits, etc.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, veterans benefits, and even employer reimbursement.
Ready to make your educational and professional goals a reality? Apply now!
Below is the list of courses required to complete the program. Courses are generally taken sequentially, one at a time, until the program is complete. Course descriptions may be viewed by clicking on the course titles below.
Web Development Specialization
Below are the lists of requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Web Development. Click on each link to expand the requirements. If you have any questions about the admissions process, feel free to contact one of our admissions representatives at 1-866-498-4968.
The admission requirements for Bachelor of Science in Information Technology offered through the College of Adult and Professional Studies are as follows:
- Proof of high school graduation or GED certification.
- Original transcripts from all previous college or university study at a college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education (USDoE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Prior completion of at least 60 transferrable credit hours is required before the student is eligible to start a bachelor's core program.
Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer credit for core curriculum requirements for undergraduate programs within the DeVoe School of Business may be granted as follows:
- Credit must have been earned at a college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education (USDoE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) with a minimum grade of "C".
- Courses must be approved by the DeVoe School of Business.
- Students must complete at least 30 hours of the core curriculum at Indiana Wesleyan University.
To graduate with a baccalaureate degree with a major in Information Technology from the College of Adult and Professional Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University, the following requirements must be met:
- Completion of 120 semester hours.
- Completion of the required core courses with a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Completion of 30 hours of general education requirements as specified in IWU Catalog (General Education Requirements).
- Payment of all tuition and fees is required to receive a diploma.
To be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science with a major in Information Technology degree program, complete each of the following steps. For more information, call 866-498-4968 to speak with a Program Representative.
Apply online at indwes.edu.
High School: Applicants who have fewer than 12 passing semester hours of regionally accredited college coursework are required to submit a copy of a standard high school diploma or transcript or GED scores for admission.
College: Applicants to the bachelor program are required to submit an official transcript from each undergraduate regionally accredited institution attended. Indiana Wesleyan University will accept for its permanent file only those transcripts sent directly to IWU by the registrar of the attended institution(s). Official transcripts must exhibit the official seal and signature of the registrar. Transcripts that are stamped “student copy,” “issued to student,” or “unofficial” cannot be accepted as official.
College Transcripts from Non-U.S. Schools: For college transcripts from non-U.S. schools, secure a “Course-by-Course Report” from Educational Credential Evaluators (see www.ece.org). Be sure to request that the report be sent directly to Indiana Wesleyan University. The evaluation must list course-by-course hours and grades. Note: Additional third party evaluators can be considered from an approved list and in some cases and internal international transcript evaluation can be done.
Below are the program locations, upcoming dates, and meeting times for theBachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Web Development. This list is updated regularly as new classes are added.